News:
Welcome to the b1services news page

LOCASE: Have you heard of the Low Carbon Across the South East (LoCASE) Programme?

LOST 

It’s a scheme that provides accessible business support across the South East area. Their focus is to help businesses optimise their use of resources and adopt eco-innovative and low carbon solutions in ways that improve business performance.

The project aims to:

·         Provide business support to 1,050 SMEs across the area,

·         Cut emissions by 6,510 TCO2,

·         Support 77 new businesses,

·         Introduce 80 new products,

·         Knowledge transfer with 47 businesses,

·         Create 270 new jobs in LCEGS sector,

·         Invest £18 million in business,

·         Raise awareness of LCEGS to 200,000+ people.

·         Deliver these goals over 3 years across the entire South East Local Enterprise Partnership region

By using their Delivery Partners, utilising existing extensive networks operated by individual Unitary, Borough and District Authorities, they are hoping to reach out to the areas SMEs. Businesses that qualify will be able to access the programme through multiple routes such as local authority referral, growth hub referral, engagement at awareness raising events and through peer to peer referral.

The LOCASE project is funded by the European Regional Development Fund 2014-2020, and is designed to provide support to businesses in a number of ways:

1.       They provide two types of grant funding.

2.       The funding will form 40% of the cost of the eligible project, with the remaining 60% being matched by your business.

3.       Any business can qualify to use the money (up to 5k) toward having energy efficiency measures installed for their business, with both the cost of materials and installation being covered.

4.       If your business offers low carbon goods or services, a business development grant (up to £10k) is available to you. You can claim against eligible costs such as marketing, consultancy, equipment, IT software, licences, training and certification.

However, the actual amount will be decided upon reading the business project application.

The only bit to remember before applying is your SME needs to fit these parameters:

·         You should not be operating within a restricted sector such as Fishery and Aquaculture, Agriculture, Coal, Steel and Shipbuilding, Synthetic Fibres, Education, Banking and Insurance and Retail.

·         You will need to employ fewer than 250 people,

·         Must have a balance sheet not exceeding €43 million,

·         Must have an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million 

·         Total State Aid received over the last 3 years must be less than €200,000.

·         Be based within the South East

·         They also won’t fund vehicles.

For more information about the scheme and how it could benefit your business visit their website: http://locase.co.uk/